Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wildgrowth Forest - The Yukiona

After slaying many Foreststalkers and collecting Sprout Pods I returned back to the tracker camp. Lorhu seemed relieved by the news of the demise of so many Foreststalkers. Nok looked over the Sprout Pods, "These will do." He said. With that I thought I was done here however Nok informed me I could not leave just yet. There was more work to be done. 


Nok explained about the need to study the Dancers in the forest as well. Nok needed the Sprite Essence from these Dancers. I had seen these Dancers my first time out in the forest but stayed clear of them as much as possible. Strange creatures, like floating balls of energy darting across the landscape. This was no easy task. Especially with the other creatures roaming the forest. I did manage to collect the essence for further study. Nok was pleased with the samples before him. I thought I detected a bit of a smile, but then again maybe not. "I have one more job for you Waylian out in the forest", he smirked. You know that smirk that makes you nervous inside.


Nok began talking about the Yukiona in the area and how he was certain their shrines in the forest were not here before. He noted in the center of each Yukiona Shrine there was a lantern that contained a strange flame. I think Nok believed that the Yukiona some how obtained power from the flames to help them alter the forest. 

He then gave me a bag of powder to spread across the

flames at each shrine to weaken the Yukiona enough to strike out at them. I understood the plan and slaying the Yukiona is no easy feat. It was tough enough fighting them in the Gardens of Xia'Liu and the Arks of Harmony with the Halfling Explorer Group. But here I had to rely upon my own wit and skills to defeat these great foes. 


I was tested many times by the Yukiona in combat. Then I came across one Yukiona that was much stronger than the ones I had previously faced. This one casts spells I have never seen before and parried some of my best attacks. I maintained my focus even though I was getting worn down. I attacked with a flurry of strikes and created an opening. I spun around with my back to my opponent. As the Yukiona reached out to attack me I gripped my daggers and thrust them behind me deep into the creature's abdomen. I turned around slowly as my foe crumpled to the earth before me. Exhausted I began my return through the forest under stealth to the tracker camp for some much needed rest. 


Note!

The links included in the blog are to Morty's Journal regarding the Halfling Explorer Group's excursions. Stop by and read up on the adventures of the HEG.






No comments:

Post a Comment