Monday, March 31, 2014

The Khenvor Khronicles - The Beginning

Sometimes one finds himself in a difficult position of having to make a grave decision. In recent weeks I have completed diplomatic missions for the Martok Orc Clan. I was awarded with the title "Speaker of Martok" from none other than Governor Jalixfin of Martok himself. I even went as far as to solicit the help of my halfling peers, the Halfling Explorer Group, in aiding the Orcs by delving in to the Gardens of Xia'Liu. A most challenging excursion that nearly cost us our very lives. And now it has been requested that the HEG assist the Martok Invasion Force by finding the missing agents and performing covert operations as necessary, at the Gulgrethor Fortress in the Sundering Wastelands of the Kojan Isles. I have already requested assistance from my peers. The danger here is very real. These two factions basically have the same agenda. Though it would appear the Gulgrethor Orcs are farther in their progress than the Martok Orc Clan. As the Gulgrethor Orcs have managed to infiltrate Trengal Keep on the continent of Thestra. One faction stands in the way of the other. So basically I am left with choosing the lesser of two evils here as to which side to assist. As long as each our formidable adversaries they will keep each other at bay. This stalemate keeps them from obtaining their ultimate goal of the total domination of Telon. That leaves one to wonder what ever would happen if they combined forces. That's a thought I'd rather not think about.


Days ago I obtained orders from Gwarn's Boundary and Martok regarding the Gulgrethor Fortress in which I dispatched a courier as for a request for help. While I was in Martok I was pulled aside by Governor Jalixfin. The Governor told me of the Gulgrethor fleet that has been plaguing the shores of Martok
for far too long. He said while they haven't managed to push close enough to Martok to threaten the city, they have made things difficult for the Clan on the seas. He spoke of the Orc they called Fleet Commander Mag'Uthor, who is largely responsible for the planning of these attacks. He called for the head of the Fleet Commander and it is to be brought to Headhunter Dostra in Gulkar's Encampent. His instructions were clear that this mission could only be carried out by a single adventurer as to not draw suspicion, nor attention as a group of adventurer's would.


After a night's rest in the Hostel of the Uninvited at the nearby village of Gaxton, I set out south for the Tracker's Camp in the Wildgrowth Forest. I plan to rest again there and gather some of the latest information on the Gulgrethor Orcs from Tracker Nod before heading south to Khenvor. Once at the camp I asked how to get to Khenvor without being detected. He looked back at me and stated that he was aware of my covert mission in Khenvor. He suggested I only moved at night and observe the patrol movements for a few days. It  would not be easy to infiltrate and investigate Khenvor as it is heavily guarded and would be difficult to slip through. That being said he commented that my resourcefulness and experience would make
me the perfect spy to get inside. He presented me with a set of forged documents to take to the Gulgrethor Gate Master Parba at the city gates of Khenvor. These documents would allow me to work as a lackey there and find out exactly the Gulgrethor are up to. I did not rest well at the Tracker Camp that day. All kinds of thoughts raced through my mind. When the dark overtook that last bit of daylight I began my journey to Khenvor.

No comments:

Post a Comment