Saturday, March 29, 2014

Martok to Gwarn's Boundary

While in Martok it seemed my diplomatic prowess had
proceeded me. General Zewg was seeking an audience with me. I went to him as soon as I got the word. I introduced myself, as if I really needed to. There are no other halflings in this area. I bowed low. "I have heard about what you have accomplished for Martok thus far Waylian, and I believe you can serve us well. That said I have a task for you.", he bellowed. "Take this scroll to Commander Jumg at Gwarn's Boundary. These orders are for his eyes only, based on what I have heard about you, I can trust you with them...do not betray my trust." With that I bowed low and took my leave, departing Martok immediately.



Upon reaching Gwarn's Boundary I asked for Commander Jumg's location. I rushed up to him and bowed low, then introducing myself. I held out the scroll before him. The Commander snatched it from hand and glanced over it. An evil smile crept over his face. "You have proven yourself trustworthly and capable of delivering these to me, Waylian. Well done.", he said. "Since Commander Sagex and I are coordinating efforts within the Wildgrowth Forest, issues dealing with Gwarn's Boundary have been reassigned to Vise Garthog located in the tent just outside." Again I took my leave bowing low.


When I entered the tent the dark green orc with the bone

handled swords, beckoned me over to his side. "I have heard much about you Waylian. I have some tasks for you, but I suspect you will end up being too far valuable to our cause to remain around the Boundary for long.", he paused a moment "Waylain nothing strikes fear in the hearts of our enemy like a war painted Orc in full battle dress bearing down upon them. Venture east, and slay the Sharpbeaks for their blood. Return when you have filled these pouches. Also we are running dangerously low on our leather supplies here. I need you to bolster our supply by slaying anything that would yield you some leather."  I nodded and began to head out the tent.

I was stopped by a gray haired goblin. Commander Sagex

speak, "Two of our scouting patrols have not sent in their reports. I cannot express the importance of this information enough, Waylian. You must move quickly. This information could be worthless in a day. Scar Gergoth watches and patrols the south while Scar Veksag patrols the shore. Hurry I need these reports." 



Before I could turn to head out the tent again a mean looking goblin female grabbed me by the arm. "I need you to make contact with the trackers in the Wildgrowth Forest. Speak with Tracker Nod and see if he needs help." I looked around to see if anyone else was going to approach me and bolted for the exit to perform my assigned tasks.


I traveled south looking for Scar Gergoth who is out on patrol. After a short bit of tracking I came across him. I greeted him and stated my business per Commander Sagex. He stated he had been meaning to send it in. He gave me the sealed parchment the returned to his patrol.With that I proceed to the eastern shoreline to look for Scar Veksag and collect the items needed for Vise Garthog.



The first beast I encountered was the Sharpbeak. These were a close relative of the Sandrunners I have previously tangled with last week in Karrus Fahrel. These animals have a nasty attack with the sharpbeaks, so aptly named. However I do not know if these beasts taste like chicken or not.

After filling the pouches with sharpbeak blood, I ventured

on to the hillside. I was ambushed by Stalkers and Predators, battling one after the other. These large cat-like creatures struck at me with their powerful claws and razor sharp bites. With my cunning skills and reflexes I kept them at bay until I could find an opening for a strike. After downing a few cats I managed to
collect a few bits of leather. I looked to the eastern
shoreline as the dusk begins to loom over the daylight. I made my way through the area finding a few stags to kill to finish collecting the required amount of leather requested by Vise Garthog. I escaped impalement a few times in my engagements with these stags. Strong willed and stubborn creatures indeed.

Peering around a tree I saw a campfire. I approached the


camp and hailed Scar Veksag. He didn't know who I was so I
explained why I had come upon him. He shook his head and realized he almost forgot to turn in his report. He passed me the sealed parchment and I worked my way back to Gwarn's Boundary to finish my missions. 

All were pleased and I took my leave. I mounted up and set down the path to the south to the Trackers Camp in the Wildgrowth Forest.






No comments:

Post a Comment