Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Khenvor Khronicles - The Road to Khenvor

Under the veil of darkness I departed the tracker camp and headed south to Khenvor. The road to the south is barely visible during daylight.
I tried to stay to the road the best I could. I could see the Glade Dancers darting across the forest floor. I could not however see the Yellowback Recluse spiders and the Foreststalkers in the pitch dark. Though I traveled under stealth I wondered how long before I would be in for the fight of my life without being able to see. At times I would hear a branch crack or the sounds of rustling leaves not too far away.
At one point I froze still as the forest seemed to move around me. When the sound got further away I proceeded slowly. I walked into a large rock formation hitting my head. I felt woozy for a bit but continued onward. I walked in to many trees as well. Not sure if my nose is broken or not.





In the distance I saw rising flames from a roaring campfires. Focused on the flames I almost walked right in to the path of two Glade Dancers. I made my way over to a large rock and stood observing the area for hours. The daylight came and I could see a Gulgrethor lookout walking his patrol. When daylight finally came I laid low along the mountains edge. 


Behind me was an overgrown tree. This is where I decided to

make my camp. When I got under the tree I was immediately attacked by a Foreststalker. Who I dispatched rather quickly and quietly as not to draw attention from other creatures let alone the Gulgrethor Lookouts that scoured this region of the Wildgrowth Forest. Then the rains came, I was in for a long night. I could not start a fire as to draw attention to myself. I began to shiver as the unrelenting rain pounded down to the earth. Tomorrow I head to Khenvor. I will pray to the Gods that they are with me and I am successful. The fate of Telon may depend on it.

I took some time to review the crude drawing of Khenvor that Tracker Nok had given to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment