Friday, April 4, 2014

The Khenvor Kronicles - The Crafty One

The Loamite Doma stated that I must find a way atop the Great Hall and speak with the one who shares in the kinship of Clan Martok. The Doma began entering a trance then regained consciousness before my eyes. He spoke "Fazin is whom you seek. Look atop the Great Hall in Khenvor" And with that the Doma fell silent again.





I ran along the dock till I reached the Great Hall. Looking up I could not see anything. I went inside to the back of the Great Hall and walked the ramp to the Worker's Quarters. There were two off-duty workers already there. The beds were different from what I was used to back in Rindol Field. As an adventurer though it is amazing what you can get used to though. I noticed an opening in the roof that was somewhat like a balcony or small overlook. I crawled out onto the roof and in looking up I spotted Fazin.




In a flash I climbed the roof. I pulled myself up on the the top beam and stood before Fazin. I noticed his hands where on the hilts of his weapons gripping them tightly. I explained who I was and he replied that we must do our duty in the service of Martok. I passed on the information from the Doma to him, this seemed disturbing to him but he did say he was willing to help the loamites if he can. He needed assistance in other matters first on behalf of the War Council of Martok.



Fazin then introduced himself mentioning he was a spy, deep undercover, but blew his cover and now just hides and watches. He states he must investigate further but it's too busy to move in without being seen. The Necromancers are up to something unusual with crates of dirt on the dock below. He asked me to create a distraction by taking out on-duty soldiers below so he could investigate.We would meet back up on the rooftop when both missions were complete. I climbed down the steep roof, went in through the Worker's Quarters, down the ramp and out the front of the great hall.



I began to think where would be a good place to start a distraction.

I remembered Foreman Grimble stating to stay away from the Command section of Khenvor. A grin stretched across my face. Tell a Halfling not to do something and guess what happens, I smirked.
With that thought in mind I proceeded to the Command Section of Khenvor. I used my stealth to get into the Command Section and began taking down Soldier after Soldier with precision dagger strikes and cunning backstabs. With all that I scrambled back to the great hall rooftop.

Fazin claimed I had done excellent work and that he had done some reconnaissance work. It appears that the necromancers are indeed doing something with the dirt in the red crates. He determeined that that they will be taking the crates from the storage area underneath the House of Wrath  and that it would be a chance to find out what's really going on. He wanted me to travel down to the storage

area and hide in the large wooden chest. The Necromancers will take the chest into their guarded liar for their experiements; all the while carrying me with them, safely inside the chest. Once inside I am to find out whatever I can then make my escape and hurry back. A short time later the crate began to move. All I could hear was the footsteps along the dock. Then a door creaked open and the chest was set down. The top lid moved and I was in no position to defend myself.  

I heard a maddening cackle. "And what do we have hear? I'ts a rat, caught in a trap. A desperate and lowly Martok rat." It was Noorg, the Necromancer begin uttering a chant and in a flash I was cursed and morphed into a rat, of all things. 





"We should have wiped your clan from existence the first time. A mistake we will correct shortly. For we are mastering magic that will give us an entire army. An army of undead that Supreme Commander MagUthor shall use to take control, and then finish the great plan we started all those years ago.", he continued. I ran

darting from spot to spot trying to avoid the blows and attacks of the others in the room. "But you won't survive long as a rat. Scurry off and die.", he cried. I ran through a small crack between the door and the floor. Barely managing to escape with my very life. I did scurry up to the dock, to the Great hall and back up to the roof once more.





"Well done, Waylian. Sorry about the whole rat thing." says Fazin. He went on about this new information is exactly what was needed. Unfortunately, it also confirms the clans nightmares that Khenvor is going to raise an army of undead and use them to conquer all of Martok. Fazin said it was imperative that this information be taken out of the city and be put into the hands of Martok command. The only one he could trust was Warseer Gulkar as his hatred for the Gulgrethor clan runs deep and has cut down many of their number in the glorious service of Martok. He can make best use of this information. Since I already knew when Gulkar's Encampment was I left immediately. As I left the city of Khenvor the curse wore off.



I reached the encampment and entered the tent. I walked up to Gulkar and gave him the grave information. Gulkar's facial expression never changed at hearing the dark news. Gulkar is going to send word to General Zewg. Gulkar slams his fist into his open palm and began ranting about the Gulgrethor and cutting down the false dogs. He turned and walked away in a fit a rage. Though I would have stayed I thought it best to leave Gulkar alone with his thoughts. I headed to the east to link up with my fellow Halflings at the Gulgrethor Fortress. I still have one last mission to complete in Khenvor, but I would need the help of the Halfling Explorer Group with that mission. I just hope they never hear about me being turned into a rat. I'll never hear the end of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment