Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Khenvor Kronicles - Entering Khenvor

 The rain continued to come down in droves this evening. From where I was positioned I decided now was as good as time as any to make my way to the main gate of Khenvor. I used my stealth but could not help being drawn to the fires before me. I stayed in tune with my surroundings and was fully aware of all movement in the area. I approached the first blazing fire. It was surrounded by three Gulgrethor Soldiers. Through the flames I could see faint outline of what appeared to be a ghost-like figure. This was totally beyond my understanding. As I came upon the second blazing fire I see a different ghost-like figure. What dark magic is this? I thought to myself. 


I surveyed my surroundings and proceeded up the road towards the main gate. Finally the main gate and walls of the city of Khenvor came in to view through the fog and pouring rain.
Not much different that the entrance to Gwarn's Boundary.




I waited till morning before I approached the gate. There I saw a female Goblin, Gatemaster Parba. She was adorned in an orange tinted robe flanked by a Gulgrethorian Soldier. I could feel my pulse quicken but I had to remain calm. Before I could introduce myself she told me who she was. She let me know she was in charge of all who pass this gate in to Khenvor. I handed her my forged papers. She stared at my face with searching eyes. After a few moments, she relaxed, then explained that Khenvor belongs to Clan Gulgrethor and that they are ruled by the will of Vilonis, leader of Clan Gulgrethor.


She continued that there was much work to do in Khenvor and that if I am to work here I was required to wear a worker's tunic at all times. If at any time I was not wearing my tunic I would be considered hostile and attacked on sight. Once inside she instructed me to to speak with Taskmaster Zow at the dock entrance for further orders. Now I had a problem as I did not have a worker's tunic. I took my leave of Parba and began to look around for any workers in the area. Throughout most of the day I spotted workers about but the Gulgrethor Overseer's were patrolling about the region. Then walking along the timber wall of the city I came across a Goblin Lackey. Under stealth I walked up behind the lackey and dispatched him quickly. I then donned the worker's tunic. The material was thin and ragged, not too mentioned it smelled of Goblin sweat. I approached the gate and proceeded through heading down the road towards the docks. The evening came upon the land again and the rain began to fall yet again.

2 comments: