Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Khenvor Kronicles - Indoctrination

I could not figure out, how simple this was to gain access inside the city. I mean com'n, these Orcs don't think it's weird that a Halfling has papers to be a lackey for the Gulgrethor clan. 


I came upon the docks and immediately saw a very large Orc. In a booming voice he said he was Taskmaster Zow, he is in charge of assigning tasks to the workers and that I was to obey his every command. He reminded me to keep my worker's tunic on at all time inside the gate or be killed on sight and that I was fortunate to be allowed to work for the mighty Gulgrethor clan. I thought about rolling my eyes but knew better. He started again that I needed to get settled and then he'd give me work to do. He mentioned reports have been coming in from the operation at Grimsea Watch that the Martok Clan is preparing for a counter assault. I didn't really see the need for him to tell me all this information but hey I am spying on them so if they give it freely, that is less work for me to do.

Taskmaster Zow then ordered me to go to the Worker's Quarters, which are located inside the Great Hall and speak with Foreman Grimble. Grimble was to get me settled in and tell me which areas that workers are not allowed in. He proceeded to tell me to stay clear of the dock area to the southwest since it had been recently overrun and had to be sealed off. I nodded and was off to the Great Hall.



I saw Foreman Grimble under the stair to the Great Hall. A huge, strong looking orc with tattered clothes. He beckoned me over and

introduced himself as Foreman Grimble and it was his job to speak with new workers. He told me to get in line since I was new and that I should know of certain places on the dock that workers are not allowed. To the northwest lies the command of Khenvor. No Workers allowed. If I was caught beyond that point I would be attacked without question. Then he basically said get to know the rest of the area myself and head back to Taskmaster Zow for work. He did not provide much information to be a foreman. Maybe that's how it goes for new workers. Back to the taskmaster I went.

As I walked up to the taskmaster he groaned as if he was hoping not to see me again. He told me how the trees outside the gates grow rapidly and that the workers don't have time to clear away the wood they have struck. He gave instructions to go out to the workers and collect the harvested wood but beware for the patrolling overseers as it is their job to keep the workers on task. Oh, and that they may kill me as well. That was nice to know. I exit through the gate and went to the first worker I saw chopping wood. When I collected the wood I was immediately attacked by an Ambusher of Xia'Liu. Much like the Yukonia I faced before it did not take long to slay it. I decided to stealth from tree to tree collecting the rest of the wood and encountered two more Ambushers which I put down quickly as well. The workers didn't even seem to care as if they were in some
type of trance. As I began to head back I did see an Overseer but I steered way clear of him. I didn't really know how I felt about this. I did not want to end up being a lackey that was seemed to be in a trance working all the time. But I had to finish my task as not to draw much attention to myself. I passed back through the gates and returned to the taskmaster. He looked at me and nodded in approval saying that my appetite for work was pleasing. Also that it was a good thing as there will always be more work to do. Then a big wide smile came across his face as he told me those workers will continue chopping trees until they drop from exhaustion. He laughed, and said he will always have lots of tasks for all the workers. I could see he took great pleasure in all this. I wanted to drop him where he stood but I knew I had a greater mission to accomplish.


The Taskmaster then told me that the House of Wrath is the home of the Gulgrethor Dreadknights in Khenvor. He instructed me to walk along the dock to the House of Wrath, and ask for Administrator Bazad about my next job. I would find Bazad down the docks to the southwest and inside the House of Wrath. I walk to an edge of the dock and look to the southwest. I could see the House of Wrath and the soldiers on the docks.








No comments:

Post a Comment