Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Khenvor Kronicles - The House of Wrath


I came upon the entrance to The House of Wrath. At the entrance two Gulgrethor Dreadknights stood on guard. They both eyed me as I proceeded to enter without saying a word. Maybe they figured that it is awfully strange that a Halfling was a worker in Khenvor. I don't really know how I do not draw any suspicion here in Khenvor. However I am sure not going to let my guard down. When I entered, directly in front of me I saw a Gulgrethor Wrathguard, a Gulgrethor Wrathguard Champion and a female orc named Zella, Sister of Wrath. I never heard the female orc's name before and was very curious as to who she was.



To my left stood Administrator Bazad. When I turned to him he said that the Wrathguard use fear as their greatest weapon. But that
it was no good against mud. His statement puzzled me but I listened intently as he continued that foul creatures made of loam had taken over the southern section of the dock. When the creatures first invaded, his fellow Wrathguard cut them to the ground with swords and axes. But by the new day, they had returned. The Gulgrethor resorted to removing sections of the dock around them so they can spread no further. Now some of the beasts have been wandering toward this side of the dock and need to be driven back. He then bellowed that Taskmaster Zow has sent me to him and he has a job for me to do. Really? Doesn't anyone do anything themselves anymore? He commanded me to go southwest, cross the wooden plank that leads down to a section where the Loamites are. I am to slay the Wandering Loamites and to stay clear of Noorg's House of the Undeath as Mag'Uthor has granted him full control of his domain. He continued that Noorg is a conniving one with vast amounts of dark magic and will unleash it upon any stranger. So you tell a Halfling spy not to do something, guess what happens? Before heading over to the plank I decided to walk to the edge of the dock here and take another look at my surroundings. I could see the pointed roof of Noorg's House of Undeath to the left. I made a note of that. 

I walked down the plank and stopped noticing undead guards at the front of Noorg's House. I decided to forgo scouting out Noorg's House and complete my assignment for Bazad.

I found the Wandering Loamites in the water below the docks.

I took out many Loamites and realized Bazad's reference to fear being of no use against mud. These clay-like creatures show no fear. But they were not aggressive. At least these Loamites were not.


I swam to shore and made my way back to the docks. I took a moment to myself to take in the beautiful sunset in Khenvor. My thoughts drifted for a moment to my loving Quilyassa. I shook myself and scolded myself quietly for letting my mind drift, if even for a moment.


Returning to Bazad, he said that I did a good enough job and that I can follow orders. Unfortunately, the Loamite problem seems more dangerously than he had thought. New information has come to light that the longer Loamites are left alive, the more they organize and fester. Futher in to the dock section there are Loamites that have been allowed to live for far to long. I was instructed to go there and clean up the mess by killing Sludgemongers and Mudlords. I went in under stealth and confronted these creatures. I wielded my daggers in waves of striking attacks and less not forget to backstab a few while I was at it. I ran in to a few Dock Horrors along the way. Which Bazad failed to mention these spider creatures lurking about
the docks. I don't know what it is about orcs forgetting to tell adventurers about spiders in the area. That really rubs me the wrong way. That information is something I need to know. I returned back to Bazad and he stated my efforts should slow them down for awhile and that he had no further use for me. I nodded and took my leave but I did not head back to the taskmaster right away. While I was on the docks earlier I noticed a Loamite Doma. For some reason this I felt compelled not to slay this one. I wanted to return for further investigation.






No comments:

Post a Comment