Monday, April 7, 2014

The Khenvor Kronicles - Crippling the Fleet

After a successfully completing missions with the Halfling Explorer Group in the Gulgrethor Fortress, I asked my fellow halflings to help me with a side quest. Though Governor Jalixfin thought it best for one adventurer to infiltrate the city of Khenvor and take out Fleet Commander Mag'Uthor, I found the task daunting with all types of Gulgrethor Soldiers swarming the command center of Khenvor. I figured the HEG just dealt a blow to the Gulgrethor already at the Fortress in the Sundering Wastelands, why not strike another blow before the alert reaches Khenvor.



The HEG bursts through the city gates and past the guards heading directly to the northwest command center of the city. We scoured the docks no avail. We searched every ship we could board, killing all in our wake. We went from hut to hut kicking in doors and slaying all those whose stood in our way. Finally we discovered a rather large

structured "A" shaped hut. It was heavily guarded and way up in the back. We fought our way through the guards and ran to the top of the ramp. There he was, Fleet Commander Mag'Uthor with his mighty glowing hammers at his side. I was a bit disappointed that he was a Goblin and not an Orc. Though Goblins are very smart compared to Orcs. Scanning the room there were three tacticians and an animal. By gosh it was a goat, a Gulgrethor Scapegoat. Boy oh boy is this clan weird. 





I looked back to my group and said that the Commander is mine. I had been trying to get to this guy for over a week now. My patience had run thin, so much so, it became an obsession to eliminate this foe once and for all. We engaged group as I went straight for the Commander. He raised those glowing hammers and swung them in a fluent motion

before each strike. My daggers were at the ready and I dodged his first attempted strikes. I found and opening and got a few slashes in but they were not fatal. He struck again and again as I tried to fend them off. Some hit their mark while the others were glancing blows. I dodged one blow and thrust my daggers but they missed the mark. To my surprise he began casting. I dropped to the deck rolling to
one side and slashed him behind the knee. His stance weakened but his focus did not. Before he could turn around I plunged my daggers deep into his spine. Gurgling, he turned to face me but I wasn't taking any chances. My dagger pierced his armor delving deep into his chest. He slumped to the floor and it was over. I stood over him in a daze for a moment.




There was no joy, no thrill, no elation and really no satisfaction for me in ending the life of this goblin. It had to be done. I have come to disconnect myself, shunning feelings in some of the things that I must do. I slowly looked up and there was my fellow halflings looking to me. There they stood, honorable halflings of Rindol Field. Their armor soiled with blood, mud, dirt and clay. Breathing heavily, the look on their faces said it all. They never saw me fight so fiercely and release such fury upon an opponent before. They stood in shock as they had always seen me in control. This side they never saw of me before. The silence didn't last as a flurry of guards came down upon us. They all met the same fate as the others.




We climbed a tower and reached the sounding horn atop the highest point in Khenvor. That damn horn blew from the time we entered Khenvor but now it was silenced. We climbed atop the horn and admired the view. It's good to take time to check out the view. We laughed and joked about the evenings events but it was time to depart. I was off to see Headhunter Dostra at Gulkar's Encampment to the southeast. As soon as I approached the encampment Dostra asked if I had put an end to the fleet commander for good. I handed him the blood soaked sack containing the Commander's head and

nodded. He replied that I had done well and a great service that should cripple the Gulgrethor Naval campaigns against Martok. He then told me to be proud, and go forward in the name of all Martok. He treated me as if I was a fellow Orc. Is this what it takes for all the races of Telon to get along? Kill their foes and yet Martok is a foe to another. It does not end I am afraid. Such is life as ye will be judged by what you do and what you do not do. 



This ends the series of "The Khenvor Kronicles". I do hope you enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment